We hope that you and your family are well and coping with the strange times we all find ourselves in.
I am sure that as a parent of a child in year 6, you are keen to hear about the plans we have for transition at Tudor Grange Academy. Recent guidance received from the government (Planning Guide for Primary Schools. Section 11) prevents us from hosting children on site, and thus running our week long summer induction programme. As a result, we have developed a ‘virtual transition experience’, which includes:
- Video introduction from the Principal
- Video introduction to each of the colleges and information about college life
- Virtual tour of the school led by current Tudor Grange students
- Frequently asked questions section of the website
- A range of non-essential activities for children to access and complete online
In addition to this, you will be receiving a letter confirming your child’s college and form tutor, tutors will then phone home to introduce themselves to you and your child. We will also adapt the start of the new school year to include a range of induction activities for our year 7 children so that they have the opportunity to make new friends and get used to their new surroundings.
We hope this will go some way to reassuring you and your child ahead of September. Your child’s transition experience is extremely important to us and we are really looking forward to welcoming them into our Tudor Grange community.
If you have further queries please contact us on email@example.com
Mr D Butler